Homeopathic Remedies For Alopecia Aerata

Having bald patches on one’s head, beard and eyebrows can be very distressing. Although alopecia areata does not affect the patient health in any other form, it is certainly life-altering and its sudden onset, recurrent episodes, and unpredictable course have a great impact on the psyche of those suffering from it. Homeopathic remedies for alopecia areata provide an excellent treatment for it. They are fairly successful as it quickly helps the hair grow back.

Alopecia areata is the loss of hair in circular or oval patches from the scalp or elsewhere such as eyebrows, beard, etc. The bald patches are usually of the size of a five-rupee coin or one-rupee coin. Complete loss of hair may also occur in some individuals although it is not very common.

Alopecia areata is a fairly common skin disorder and about 1 percent of the population is affected at any given time. Unlike other kinds of hair loss, alopecia areata is a reversible hair loss as the follicles ( a structure that encloses the root of the hair) of hair are not damaged. Alopecia areata does not affect patient health in any other way. Few people complain of itching when hair starts falling. There is no physical discomfort associated with it. Alopecia affects all ages, races, and sexes equally.

Homeopathic Treatment For Alopecia Areata

Homeopathic treatment is very effective in dealing with alopecia areata. Homeopathic remedies for alopecia areata affect our body by optimizing our immune system. Thus, homeopathy can provide an effective and permanent solution to this problem.

Moreover, once it is treated with homeopathy the chances of the problem occurring again are also highly reduced. Although certain homeopathic medicine like Flouricum Acid and Phosphorus are very often and effectively used in treating this disorder, one needs to go through a constitutional analysis before any prescription is made. Constitutional analysis is the prescription-based assessment of your physical and psychological characteristics.

Homeopathic Medicines for Alopecia Areata

1. Fluoric Acid – Excellent Homeopathic Medicine for Alopecia Areata

Fluoric Acid is among the top grade homeopathic remedies for alopecia areata. Fluoric Acid helps in the regrowth of hair in the bald patches. Fluoric Acid is also a highly suitable homeopathic medicine for hair fall after fever.

2. Phosphorus – A Wonderful Homeopathic Medicine for Alopecia Areata

Another homeopathic medicine that has shown its effectiveness in alopecia areata cases is Phosphorus. Phosphorus works well in cases where a person suffers from the loss of hair in patches. Along with hair loss, dandruff on the scalp is also present. In some cases, there is itching on the scalp along with hair fall. Phosphorus also seems to help cases of traction alopecia. In such situations, there is a receding hairline. Hair fall from the forehead is prominent. A person needing Phosphorus may crave cold drinks and ice creams.

3. Baryta Carb, Lycopodium, and Silicea – Homeopathic Medicines for Alopecia Areata in Young People

The most prominently indicated homeopathic medicines for alopecia areata in young people are Baryta Carb, Lycopodium, and Silicea. Baryta Carb helps in recovering from bald patches that occur on the top of the scalp. Lycopodium works well for bald patches on the temples. Silicea is a good homeopathic treatment for alopecia areata occuring on the back of the scalp.

4. Arsenic Album – Homeopathic Medicine for Alopecia Areata Accompanied by Itching and Burning on the Scalp

Arsenic Album is a recommended homeopathic treatment for alopecia areata which appears as circular bald patches along with itching and burning on the scalp. These symptoms aggravate at night. In some cases, the scalp is also sensitive.

5. Vinca Minor – Another Useful Homeopathic Medicine for Alopecia Areata

Vinca Minor is another useful homeopathic medicine for alopecia areata. It works well in cases where there is a tendency for hair to fall in spots which are then replaced by white hair. Along with this, itching and violent scratching over the scalp may also be present.

What is Alopecia Areata?

The loss of hair in patches is known as alopecia areata. In alopecia areata, usually hair loss is seen on the scalp, but any body part covered with hair can be affected. When alopecia areata appears in the beard, it is known as alopecia areata barbae. Homeopathy is an advanced science and treats many diseases of autoimmune origin including alopecia areata. Homeopathic medicines works by stopping the progress in the size of the bald spots and help in the regrowth of hair. Homeopathic treatment for alopecia areata helps by optimizing the overactive immune system that is destroying the hair follicles. Homeopathic medicines for treating alopecia areata originate from natural sources which exclude any risk of side effects. Homeopathic medicines that are highly useful in alopecia areata are Fluoric Acid, Phosphorus, Lycopodium, and Baryta Carb.

Causes of Alopecia Areata

Alopecia areata is an autoimmune disease. In this condition, the defense cells of the body – because of a misdirected response – start to destroy hair follicles resulting in bald patches. Heredity and genetics play a significant role in alopecia areata. Patients suffering from alopecia areata very often mention a family member suffering from the same condition.

Signs and Symptoms of Alopecia Areata

Alopecia areata shows up as bald patches. The most common areas for alopecia areata are the scalp and the beard, but may involve any body part with hair. There may be one, or multiple bald patches. The patches are usually round in shape and smooth to touch.

Comments

1. T.V.Sowmya says:

Hi… I am Sowmya, 33 years old from Chennai (Tamilnadu) currently staying in Qatar. I have baldness and heavy hairfall above the forehead. I went to a dermatologist before 2 years and the doc gave allopathy medicines for application of hair only for some time and had injected some medicine. It was a 8 sitting treatment. In the 4th sitting it self I got hair from my baldness. But, the doctor had suggested me not to apply any hair oil as I have an oily scalp and wash my hair regularly.

So, from then on I am washing my hair with mild shampoo everyday. But now, the baldness have become more and I have heavy hair fall. Currently I don’t have any health issues.

Kindly, suggest me how we can treat this via homeopathy as I have already taken mendicine in homeopathy during my early 20’s and it has cured me completely.

2. Rahul Kumar says:

Respected Sir,
    i am from Odisha. My 7 year Old year daughter is suffering from alopecia areata since last 1 year . i have tried several gharelu nuskha and homeopathic medicine and oil but i did not any result. Though the patches cover and hair grows but again a new patch starts . Growing of hair takes long time but the patch happens overnight . until now i have not used any allopathic medicine because of its side effects .
    Sir is there any permanent cure in homeopathic treatment for alopecia areata ? please suggest me the treatment so that i shall remain ever grateful to you.

Thanking you.

3. Vinod Sharma says:

Hi, I am Vinod. I had this particular problem from the last 3 years. I am loosing hair on both mu arms, from the chest area also and part of abdomen also. Please suggest some remedy.

4. Freddie Tuks says:

Hi… do you recommend the same approach for Alopecia Universalis with complete loss of body hair?

• My daughter is 13 years old and she has been suffering from this problem…. How can I stop making bald patches on her scal0.

5. P.venu gopal says:

Sir.. my name is VENU gopal, I am living in East godavari ,Andhra Pradesh, I have a aloepecia areata on my beard, eyebrows and eye lash. I tried many things like corticosteroids injections and many cremas and ointment but is there any complete treatment to cure this disease? I’m very conscious about my eyebrows and lashes. Please advise.

6. Muhammad Khan says:

Hi Dr. SHARMA. My name is Muhammad Khan resident of Toronto Canada. I have a aloepecia areata on my beard, eyebrows and eye lash. I tried many things like corticosteroids injections and many cremas and ointment but is there any complete treatment to cure this disease? I’m very conscious about my eyebrows and lashes. Please advise.

I’ll be looking for your prompt response.

Muhammad Khan

7. Divya ghildiyal says:

Hello mam i m suffering from alopecial areata from 6 months i have taken allopathic treatnent my hair grows back but again two patches were found on my head one in front and another in back of head mam i m very stressed please hrlp me out how it can be treated permenantly

8. Dipenpokar says:

My name is dipen I have alopecia areata barbie

9. Ajay Dubey says:

Hello Doctor Sharma,

My wife who is 30 years old is suffering from Alopecia Areata having 2 patches one at front middle and one near crown area. The patch seems to be increasing hence we went to several Trichologists like Kaya Clinic and Rich n Feel Hair and Skin clinics located in Mumbai but they turned out to be way expensive for the treatment since they are established Brands. I would appreciate if you can recommend us Brand name of Homeopathic medicine for Alopecia Areata.

Thanks.

10. Hello Dr,
    I have had areata since 12. I’m 43. It came and went off and on all those years. But now I don’t have a single hair anywhere! I don’t want xeljans tofacitinib because may cause cancer it says. Please help! India says cuttlefish ink sepia.

11. Neetu jain says:

My 16 year daughter suffering from hair falling which homeopathic medicine should her use?

12. Dear doctor,
    I’m 28 years old male and suffering from intense allopacea and almost balt from front of head. Could you kindly suggest me with some solution for that, please?

13. Niranjan says:

Hello Doctor, I am suffering from Alopecia Areata since 2 weeks with 2 patches of 50 paisa coin size on my scalp along with itches. I have gone for homeopathic treatment. After 2 weeks of treatment, I suddenly noticed that another patch growing up. Itching reduced but not fully gone. I don’t know what medicine prescribed by my doctor but he is confident in claiming that it will be cured. After growth of third patch, I am a little nervous and in dillema that I should continue medication or consult any other doctor. Help me please.

14. Hi sir

I m getting hair fall rapidly and itching on my head always. Please tell me one medicine which is most effective than all medicines. I will be grateful to you. Thanx

15. Hi Dr. I am interested in the best treatment for alopecia as data of the eyebrows. Would Silicea be a good fit? This has been going on periodically for the last 15 years and it is a situation where it has been progressively getting worse. Thanks.

16. kamalesh patil says:

hello sir

My mother is having same issue but we stay in pune. How to get your medicines

17. ishan sarangi says:

Hi I have got patches in my beard. One patch got filled last year. But I have a bigger patch in my right cheek and a small one in left. How can I recover it. It is really frustrating to shave Everytime.

• nagendra Kumar says:

18. Alopecia Treatment

19. Dr Sir, after chemotherapy i have been diagnosed with alopecia Areata. I have few bald patches and my hair line never came back to previous one. I continue to loose hair everyday. Rogaine , minoxidil, many kinds of oil and clay didn’t help. Could you please recommend anything thing in my situation?

20. Goldie Singla says:

Hi
    Dear Dr.
    I am 35 years male and suffering alopecia since 8 years.
    It is increasing repidly while it started with single patch of 1cm dia. Now there is around 10 patches size range 1cm to 1 inch. I have taken allopathy and homeopathic treatment for 1 year each. But all in vain. During homeopathic treatment no new patch build but after the stopping of treatment it increased very quick.