Saving Your Child from a Tonsil Surgery with Natural Homeopathic Medicines

Homeopathic medicines for tonsils

Tonsils refer to masses of lymphoid tissues lying in the back of the throat, one on either side. Tonsils have a protective role and act as the first line of defense against the bacteria and virus that get inhaled or ingested. Inflammation of tonsils, on one side or on both, is known as tonsillitis. Homeopathic medicines for tonsils treat the chronic tendency toward recurrent infections that have resulted in tonsillitis in the first place.

Does Homeopathy have a permanent Treatment for tonsillitis?

Yes, Homeopathy can treat tonsillitis completely. Homeopathy is a highly advanced science that takes the inside-out approach to all disease, including tonsillitis, starting at the root cause and in time, curing the condition without the need for surgical intervention. Tonsillitis is treated most efficiently under the Homeopathy. Homeopathy follows a two-step procedure to deal with tonsillitis. In the first step, these medicines are given to treat the acute symptoms of tonsillitis. In the second step, Homeopathy targets the chronic tendency toward recurrent tonsillitis. Homeopathy medicines improve the body’s immune system and make it strong enough to fight infection quickly. Medicines prominently indicated for tonsillitis treatment are Belladonna, Hepar Sulph, Merc Sol, Calcarea Carb, and Psorinum.

Homeopathic Medicines for Tonsils

1. Belladonna and Calcarea Carb – Top grade Medicines for tonsillitis

Belladonna and Calcarea Carb are among the top listed medicines for tonsillitis. Belladonna is suitable for treating acute tonsillitis. The guiding features for use of Belladonna are red, inflamed, enlarged tonsils and dry throat attended with fever. Swallowing food is difficult. Heat, constriction and lump in the throat may also be felt. Calcarea Carb is an excellent medicine for treating chronic tonsillitis. An indicative symptom for use of Calcarea Carb is the tendency to catch a cold with the slight change in weather.

2. Merc Sol – For Tonsillitis with Burning, Smarting Pain in Throat

Merc Sol is an extremely effective medicine for treating tonsillitis with marked burning, smarting pains in the throat. Excessive salivation is also observed in such cases. There is a constant inclination to swallow. White deposits on tonsils may be present. Fetid or foul odor from the mouth may also be observed. Another attending feature is pain radiating from the throat to ear.

3. Hepar Sulph and Baryta Carb – Best Medicines for Peritonsillar Abscess

Hepar Sulph and Baryta Carb have proved very successful in treating a peritonsilar abscess. The symptoms to look out for before advising Hepar Sulph are quinsy with stitching pain in the throat. Pain from throat may radiate to the ear. The pain is mainly felt on swallowing. Hoarseness of voice may also be noted. The person may hawk up yellow mucus. Baryta Carb is indicated when there is smarting or stinging pain in the tonsils. Empty swallowing usually worsens the pain. A burning sensation is felt in the throat. Liquid alone can be swallowed with ease. Persons needing Baryta Carb also have the tendency to catch a cold easily, with the cold settling in the throat every time.

4. Merc Iodatus Ruber and Lachesis Muta – For Left-sided Tonsillitis

Merc Iodatus Ruber and Lachesis Muta are majorly indicated medicines for treating left-sided tonsillitis. Indications for use of Merc Iodatus Ruber are swollen tonsil with dark red fauces on the left side, lump sensation in the throat and tendency to hawk. Lachesis Muta is selected when the symptoms include swollen tonsil on the left side, a purplish appearance of left side tonsil and throat pain radiating to the ear. Difficulty in swallowing liquids may be observed. Taking hot drinks may worsen the pain. Merc Iodatus Ruber and Lachesis Muta are also the best prescriptions when tonsillitis starts from the left side and shifts to the right tonsil.

5. Merc Iodatus Flavus and Lycopodium Clavatum – For Right-sided Tonsillitis

Merc Iodatus Ruber and Lachesis Muta are significant medicines for tonsillitis of right side. The guiding features for use of Merc Iodatus Flavus are – swollen tonsil on the right side, tough mucus in throat and constant inclination to swallow. Other symptoms that may arise are the feeling of a lump in the throat, relief from taking cold drinks. The symptoms guiding use of Lycopodium Clavatum are swollen right-sided tonsil, sharp pain in right tonsil, mainly on swallowing, ulcers on the tonsils. Cold drinks may worsen the pain in the right tonsil. Warm drinks may relieve the pain. Both Merc Iodatus Ruber and Lachesis Muta are also rated among the best medicines for tonsillitis that starts on the right side and then shifts to the left tonsil.

6. Phytolacca Decendra – Where Pain from Tonsils Radiates to Ears

For treating tonsillitis where pain from tonsils radiates to the ears, Phytolacca Decendra is considered a top grade remedy. The pain worsens from swallowing. Eating hot things worsens the pain. Other indications to look out for before prescribing Phytolacca Decendra are roughness and burning sensation in the throat. The tonsils are dark red or bluish in appearance.

7. Streptococcinum – For Treating Strep Throat

Streptococcinum is an excellent medicine for treating a strep throat infection. The symptoms to use this medicine are enlarged, swollen tonsils, infected tonsils, and recurrent tonsillitis. The tonsils may get infected with purulent matter. This medicine is also useful for treating debility after a streptococcal infection.

8. Psorinum, Tuberculinum and Baryta Carb – To Prevent Recurrent Throat Infections

Psorinum, Tuberculinum and Baryta Carb are very effective in boosting immunity to prevent recurrent throat infections. These medicines help reduce susceptibility to recurrent infections. The person with cold and throat complaints every change of weather can benefit greatly from these medicines. Psorinum and Baryta Carb are also well-known treatments for quinsy/ peritonsilar abscess.

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Can lifestyle changes help decrease tonsillitis risk?

• Yes, lifestyle changes can decrease the risk of tonsillitis.
  • Maintain hygiene – wash hands often, especially before you eat.
  • Sharing of utensils should be avoided.
  • A person with tonsillitis should cover the nose when he/she sneezes to prevent spreading the infection

2. Why does tonsillitis occur?

Tonsillitis mainly arises from viral infections. Major tonsillitis causing infections include those with influenza virus, adenovirus and rhinovirus. Tonsillitis may also be the result of a bacterial infection. The most common bacteria that cause tonsillitis is Group A beta-hemolytic streptococcus.

3. How do I know I have tonsillitis?

Pain in throat along with swollen tonsils is the first indicating features for tonsillitis. The pain usually gets worse while swallowing. The pain may be one sided or appear on both sides depending upon which tonsil is involved. The other symptoms that may attend are fever, bad/fetid breath and ear pain. White/yellow pus spots may also appear on the tonsils.

4. At what age does tonsillitis appear?

Tonsillitis is more common among children and young people. However, tonsillitis can occur at any age.

5. Can tonsillitis spread from one person to another?

Yes, tonsillitis can spread from one person to another. A person with tonsillitis can spread the infectious agents in the air as well as nearby objects every time he coughs or sneezes. Another may get tonsillitis indirectly by touching these infected objects and then touching his face with the same hands.

6. What does tonsillitis diagnosis involve?

Tonsillitis can be easily diagnosed by getting details of clinical symptoms and by a physical examination of the throat. In case of suspected strep throat cases, tonsil swabs are sent for culture.

7. What is strep throat?

Strep throat is a bacterial infection that is caused by group A streptococcal bacteria leading to inflammation and pain in the throat and tonsils. Strep throat is highly contagious and spreads quickly from one person to another through cough, touch or sneeze. Strep throat is very common in school going children and among teenagers. Major complications may arise in strep throat infection. These include rheumatic fever and post-streptococcal glomerulonephritis.

8. Are tonsillitis and strep throat the same thing?

Tonsillitis is inflammation of the tonsils, the cause behind which can be a virus or bacterial infection. Strep throat is a form of sore throat leading to inflamed/painful throat and tonsils, specifically caused by group A streptococcal bacteria.

9. My doctor has advised surgery for my child’s tonsillitis complaint. Can Homeopathy help?

Homeopathy has great scope for treating tonsillitis. In many cases of mild to moderate cases of tonsillitis, Homeopathy has shown excellent results and helped avoid surgery. These medicines focus on treating the root cause of tonsillitis i.e. recurrent nasal infections, by improving the body’s immune system and thus, making it less susceptible to infections.

10. Are there any complications related to tonsillitis?

Complications associated with tonsillitis include difficulty in breathing and peritonsillar abscess. In tonsillitis with group A streptococcal bacteria i.e. strep throat infection, the serious complications include rheumatic fever and post-streptococcal glomerulonephritis.

11. What is quinsy/peritonsillar abscess?

Collection of pus behind the tonsils is referred to as quinsy or peritonsillar abscess. It is a rare, but very serious complication of tonsillitis.

12. Can Homeopathic medicines treat recurrent tonsillitis as well?

Yes, natural medicines remain very successful in building a child’s immunity. The primary aim of Homeopathy medicines is to build a child’s immunity and prevent recurrent infections that lead to tonsillitis.

Comments

1. My 4 year old daughter has large tonsils and adenoids which causes sleep apnea and snoring. We have an ENT appointment soon, but I know they will just recommend surgery and I really want to avoid that. However, she is often tired. kind of under weight too. She is not taking any medication right now. She is physically very active. I do not want her to go through the surgery. I would appreciate if you can recommend something to shrink the Tonsils and Adenoids?
    Thank you so much.

• Rinali Thakore says:

My 6.5 year old son has large tonsils and adenoids which cause snoring. We went to ENT , they recommended surgery and I really want to avoid that. However my son is kind of under weight and he is often cranky. He is taking over the counter Allergy spray right now. We also done his allergy test but he does not have any kind of allergy. He is physically very active. I do not want him to go through the surgery. I would appreciate if you can recommend something for him ?. Thank you very much.

2. Hi Doctor! This is Hussain from Pakistan. My Child if facing the same disease tonsillitis and doctors said operation, Therefore we don’t want to go for that, please advise me a nice medicine which can remove tonsils. Age of my child is 6 years and disease age 2-3 years.
    My wife with tonsils stones her age is 28.
    Please advise us which medicine we can take while living in Pakistan.
    Thank you.

3. Hi
    My kid, 3.6years has large tonsils, he gets cough and chest infection quite frequent. During cough periods, he stops eating. He also has weak immune system.
    Can you please advice what medicines should be used.
    Many thank
    Nadeem

4. Santosh says:

Hi Sir,

I am suffering with tonsillitis on both side of my mouth and it is occurring very frequently.
    After taking antibiotics getting relax but again and again it reoccurring . The time when i am suffering with tonsillitis, i observed bad smell coming out from mouth, getting headache like anything and sometime pus as well as tonsil-stones also appearing on both sides.

Kindly suggest which is the best homeopathic medicine for this to irradiate the disease , how to take the medicine and what would be the dose.

Santosh

5. Ada Johnson says:

I saw an ENT. In 5 min he wanted to take my tonsil out. Four months ago my left tonsil swelled out pretty good size. It has only just begun to burn around the base of it. There’s deep pain in my left ear occasionally. The left side of my neck gets hard and painful like something is stopped up. It feels like nuts, popcorn, ground hamburger meat and maltomeal gets stuck behind my tonsil. Is there anything I can take and how long does it take to work? I have no fever, but the pain is starting to hurt pretty bad.

6. Lindsey Ayers says:

Hi Dr. Sharma,

My 4 year old daughter has large tonsils and adenoids which causes sleep apnea and snoring. She already eats gluten, dairy and refined sugar free. We have an ENT appointment soon, but I know they will just recommend surgery and I really want to avoid that, but I am desperate. She actually doesn’t get sick that often and is not over weight. However, she is often tired and her behavior reflects that as she is not getting proper rest. What do you recommend for shrinking her tonsils and adenoids naturally?

Thank you so much!
    Lindsey

7. Sudhanshu sharma says:

Hi
    Sir. Dis is Sudhanshu Sharma 32, sir last 7 years se Mujhe tonsil me problem Hai… aubhi dikkat Hai jyada…right side me kal Raat me pus aaya n ear tak pain tha… left tonsil me ched ho Gaya Hai Usme se bhi tonsil stones aate hai… sir main kabhi kabhi beer and cigarettes leta hu…sir Kya tonsillectomy hi ek ilaj hai… main last month se homeopathic Med le raha hu par pus nikal hi raha hai .

8. Jeni Johnson says:

Hello Dr. Sharma,
    My son is 4yrs. For the last 8 months he sweats when he sleeps due to struggling to breath through severe snoring while sleeping. He struggles but his breathing is consistent and does not pause or stop. His ENT looked in his throat for 3 seconds, announced they were a “size 3 (?)” and scheduled surgery for T&A. There is no history of recurrent throat, ear or strep infections. He does not run fever regularly. He has seasonal allergies twice a year. My children were weaned onto raw goats milk after I finished nursing them. My son has 8-12 oz of raw milk everyday. My question: Is T&A surgery necessary for relieving his struggle to breath during sleep. Is there a homeopathic solution for reducing the size of his tonsils?

I’m concerned about the Dr. requirement to administer antibiotics during the surgery. He will not consider NOT administering the antibiotics. I appreciate your thoughts and time considering this issue.

Jeni Johnson

9. Sheikh fazan says:

Hello! Dr sharma my name is faizan and i live in Pakistan i have tonsils when i am very young agr of 5 but i cant treat now i am 23 years old n dr says my gland is very big i dont want to operate them n after every 1 or 2 week m going sick what can i do tell me if u can..

10. hello Doctors,
    I have tonsilities problem since 20 years. during my college time my surgery date was finalised. but one doctor suggested me to take homeopathy. i took homeopathy medicine for 4 years and it really worked. after that i went to bangalore and my medicine was stopped. then the condition was okay. as i am having allergic to dust and cold i used to get infection appox thrice in a year. but this January it was horrible. fever, mouth sore, sever tonsil infection, difficult in sollowing. i took 3 course of antibiotic recently. now they are suggesting to do tonsil surgey. but one doctor told me to do aso test. reports yet to come. kindly suggest can it be cured in homeopathy. thank you

11. Please tell me the dosage of Belladonna and Hepar.

12. Anik mazumder says:

Hello doctors,
    I’m 23 years old.when I was a child,tonsil problem had found. Now I have no pain but felling uneasy to talk or nor. Tonsils are both sides gradually grow up. At this time what should I do??

13. Pradeep Kumar pandey says:

Hello doctor,
    My 7 years old son have problem of inlarged tonsils. And having problem of bad breathing during night. Suggest me the effective homeopathy treatment.

14. Gaurav Kumar Sharma says:

My baby (3.5 years old – Girl) has this tonsil, High fever issue coming every 10-15 days of gap. Last month in November month she has been on Antibiotics twice (Augmentin and Chericoff). Today again she is complaining of Right ear pain and swollen tonsil followed by symptoms of cold and being very irritated.

Can any Homeopathy medicine cure and stop this re-occurrence of Tonsils. Please suggest

15. Hello..
    Mujhe tonsillitis ke problem kafi time se h..Lagbhag 3 saal se…mere tonsil me pus niklte h..Jyadatr right tonsil me..Dono hi tonsil me swelling bhi h…Kese bhi tra ka koi pain nhi hota h.. khtae vale koi bhi item kha lu toh pain ho jata h aur pus bhi jyadtr tbhi nikalte h…Aur jb tk vo pus tonsil me rhate h face pr pimples bhi tabhi tk rhate h..Uske baad pimples thik ho jate h..
    Plz bataye Konse homeopathic medicine mere liye thik rhaege..
    Mujhe Kuch saal phale cold bahut jyada rhata tha…Natrum muriticm se mujhe aaram mila..Ab cold thik h..Bss winter season me morning ke time halka sa kbhi kabi ho jata h..Shyad iss jankari se aapko mere symptoms janne me help mileage.
    Plz suggest me suitable medicine.

16. Ashok kumar says:

Dear sir
    Greetings for the day,
    I was searching for the treatment of pus filled tonsils from last two yrs. I had a medicine reaction two yrs back and then developed pus filled tonsils. Since then they are swollen. My right tonsil is always swollen with white spots. While left tonsil not swollen but sometimes get white spots and they disappear after some days. And one day I got high fever with chills and swollen and painful joints. Since then I have problem in my joints. Was that rheumatoid arthritis fever due to tonsils. I have taken bio combination 10 and tonsilat and antibiotics . But no benefits shown till now. Plz suggest what medicine I should get to treat my tonsils and joints. I will be highly obliged for this act of kindness.

Thanks and regards

Ashok Kumar
    Kurukshetra

17. Dear Sir,
    My son (4 years) had 40`C fever wich lastet one night and the following day only lightly taised temperature. I can see a white stripe on the left tonsil and a yellow spot on the right side. The tonsils are venous.
    Which remedy do you suggest and how often? Please tell me also signs of reliev as he has currently no pains at all, is the vanishing of the white/ yellow spots?

18. Dinesh Chauhan says:

Sir, I am suffering from tonsillitis since 3 months. When I visit to ENT specialist he did mouth Indo scopy and said you have lingual tonsils, I had medication as prescribed by Dr. But still I felt irritation and little pain in right side throat to ear.
    Now I am visiting to homeopathic Dr. Inderjeet Nanda in dehradun. Hoping for to be cure Now.

19. Samrat Dhar says:

Respected sir, please suggest me best homeopathic medicine, for curing kidneycysts

20. Ahmed Huda says:

My grand daughter 5 years suffers from tonsilis. Bryonia is indicated amongst other medicines . Pl. indicate the potency and dosage of bryonia to be givin to her .Regards.