Homeopathic Remedies for Ear Pain

Homeopathic Remedies for Ear painEar pain or an earache that persists needs medical intervention. Earache, or Otalgia in medical terms, usually occurs because of two reasons. The first is a local cause due to a problem within the ear. The local cause is mainly an infection of the middle ear (Otitis Media). The second reason is the referred cause or pain that does not start in the ear itself but is referred secondarily to the ear through some primary problem in another part of the body.  Here, the primary problem can be in the teeth (dental caries, cutting the wisdom tooth) or throat infection (Tonsillitis) and the pain through them extends to the ear. Homeopathic medicines for ear pain offer a complete cure by treating the root cause of the condition. Prepared from natural substances, these remedies for ear pain have zero side effects and offer a complete cure for ear pain.

Top natural Homeopathic Medicines for Ear Pain

1. Belladona: For Tearing Earache or Ear Pain

Belladonna is one of the top natural remedies for ear pain. Belladonna is very beneficial for relief from various types of ear pain like throbbing and tearing pain. This medicine is the ideal remedy for ear pain arising from acute inflammation of the middle ear (Otitis Media). The patient experiences a pain that appears very deep-rooted. High fever may also accompany earache. Throat infection with pain in throat radiating to the ear is also best treated with Belladonna.

2. Chamomilla: For Relief from Severe Earache

Chamomilla is a natural medicine of great help in providing relief from severe ear pain. Chamomilla works very well as a pain reliever when the earache is very acute. The patient seems to be oversensitive to pain. Ear ache with extreme mental agitation is, thus, best treated with Chamomilla. The pain may be worse in cold air or at night time. Chamomilla can also be given to children who turn irritable due to earache and who get relief if they are carried.

3. Verbascum Thapsus: For Ear Pain of Nerve Origin

Verbascum Thapsus is the best medicine for ear pain of nerve origin. Verbascum Thapsus is very beneficial for the treatment of ear ache that is part of the facial pain of nerve origin (Trigeminal Neuralgia). The pain is more pronounced on the left side and gets worse with the slightest of movement. The ear is always dry within. Verbascum Thapsus is popularly known as Mullein Oil and can also be administered as ear drops on the affected side of the ear along with internal usage.

4. Pulsatilla: For Pain with Thick Discharge from Ear

Pulsatilla is the ideal natural medicine for ear pain accompanied by a thick discharge from the ear. The patient may experience hardness of hearing with ear pain. The ear feels heavy and stuffed up. Most of the times, the discharge is green in colour and is of a non-irritating nature. Open air may provide relief from earache.

5. Hepar Sulph & Psorinum: For Ear Pain with Pus-like Discharge

In this condition, the top two medicines for ear pain are Hepar Sul and Psorinum. The most suitable candidates for Hepar Sulph are those suffering from ear pain with pus-like discharge from the ear. Hepar Sulph is ideal for treating earache due to a middle ear infection. The person cannot bear the ear to be touched even slightly as it worsens the pain. Fever with chill may present itself along with earache. Hepar Sulph is also the best medicine when the earaches more by the slightest exposure to cold air. Psorinum is indicated when discharges are very fetid in odor.

6. Belladonna, Hepar Sulph, Pulsatilla: For Earache due to Middle Ear Infection

When middle ear is affected, the top remedies for ear pain are Belladonna, Hepar Sul and Pulsatilla. Earache due to middle ear infection may be accompanied by impaired hearing, fever and discharge (pus) from ear. Belladonna is a useful medicine for ear pain in the very beginning stages of ear infection. Belladonna can be taken when the earache of severe throbbing nature is present. The person needing Belladonna may also have a high fever with an earache. The body feels extremely hot. Hepar Sulph is an ideal natural medicine for earache where the pain in the ear is accompanied by pus-like discharge from the ear. The discharge is most of the times offensive. This usually occurs in the ear infection cases that have progressed to advanced stages. Fever with chills may be present along with an earache. The ear is very sensitive to touch.  The patient requiring Hepar Sulph may complain that earache gets worse in cold air. Pulsatilla is another medicine of great help to cure pain in the ear that is accompanied by a thick discharge from the ear. A greenish discharge oozes out of the ear. The person requiring natural remedy Pulsatilla may find relief in the open air.

7. Belladonna & Phytolacca: For Ear Pain due to Throat Infection

The top two medicines for ear pain associated with throat infection are Belladonna and Phytolacca. Belladonna is the perfect remedy for pain in the throat that extends to the ear. The earache is throbbing and intensive in nature. High fever with extreme heat may accompany earache.
Lachesis is preferred when the earache is left-sided. Pain in throat extends to the left ear. Swallowing of food may worsen the pain. Phytolacca, on the other hand, is the best natural remedy for ear pain on the right side. Phytollaca thus suits patients when the throat pain radiates to the right ear. The pain may be shooting in nature. Here, too, swallowing of food worsens the pain in the ear.

8. Plantago & Merc Sol: For Ear Pain due to Dental Problems

The top two medicines for ear pain due to dental problems are Plantago and Merc Sol. Plantago is one of the best remedies for ear pain that forms the first line of treatment for cases of earache associated with toothache. Plantago can be used by all those persons in whom the pain in teeth extends to the ear. Noise may be a factor worsening the earache and toothache in a few cases requiring Plantago.
Merc Sol is also very effective as a remedy when the earache is due to dental troubles. Here, the earache is mainly worse at night. Along with earache, yellow or blood-tinged discharge may come out of the ear. The patient may also narrate increased salivation from mouth.

9. Arnica: For Earache following Injury

Arnica is the top natural medicine for ear pain that follows an injury. The injury may be caused by any blow or while clearing the ear with earbuds. Arnica holds a great promise in providing relief from earache and is considered an ideal medicine for earache after injury.

Comments

1. Ukaoha I Gabriel says:

Homeopathic remedy for earache after sore throat.

2. Baizeed says:

Ear pain and wast water were fall from painful ear. Fever and Cough exist. Age- 6 years, weight- 20 kg.

3. Medhakumari says:

Mam please mery help kare mere ear may gandagi jamahone se mai usai nikalne ki kosis ki but usme gaho ho gya gisse adhik pain hota hai sathi chota pimple may pulse bhi hai aur ear se San si sound nikalta hai yah sab mere ear ke andar hai please achchha medicine batay.

4. Shivani saini says:

Maire kaan mai pain ho rha hai jiski wajah se maire head mai bhi pain hone lagta h..

5. Gunjan Bahl says:

My son is having pain in ear because of cold what can I give him he is 14

6. Nautiyal says:

I am suffering from ear pain since 2013. Initially it was once or twice in a year but now it has increased manifolds and it is now on regular basis. It starts with swelling behind the earlobe and on the cheek .The eyes sometimes become red or small red patches appear in the eyes. The eyes start watering while opening and the pain becomes unbearable. This episode goes on for one or two days and this becomes worst during this period if I travel on bike. Maybe due to wind effect.
    Sir I had consulted the ENT surgeon for this. He referred for X-Ray and Ultrasound for head and Parotid gland respectively. The X-ray was normal but ultrasound shows lymph nodes presence is more and the doctor advised surgery of both ear. But I consulted homeopathic clinic and taken three months medicine and was feeling better.Suddenly the doctor has shifted to some other town and I do not know what medicine he was giving.
    I request you Sir to kindly review my case and guide me for the appropriate medicine which I can take from for curing this. I shall be thankful to you for this deed.
    Thanks and best regards.

• Dr. Sharma,
      I had an ear infection, worse in left ear. I had been using earbuds for phone clients for a year. I took a rx augmentin. Md said infection was clear, fluid cleared,but left ear still inflamed. She rx antibiotic ear drops. I have occasional fleeting pain in left ear. In addition, the outside of my ears hurt if I sleep on them. Any recommendation would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
      JC Rama

7. M. Praphullo. says:

My daughter aged above 4 yes old today suddenly left side ear pain complain ENT doctor say that left side ear injuries. I want to homeopathy Medicine please answer

8. M. Praphullo. says:

My daughter aged above 4 yes old today suddenly pain complain ENT doctor say that left side ear injuries. I want to homeopathy Medicine please answer

9. Satyajeet Tripathi says:

I feel heaviness In My right ear. Its like a lot jam in side the year. but there in nothing looking inside the year. I use year drops also to clean the ear but there is no relief. My age is 47 Year. No pin, no itching.

Please advice

10. Ingrid Devenish says:

My mother (age 89 yrs)had some sort of left ear op, which included a skin graft,, years ago (mid 80’s probably) and has had intermittent trouble. Also TMJ pain due to bad dental useage again years ago. More recently seen ENT Consultants for pain in left ear and had wax removed, and was told some pain may come from arthritis in spinal column /neck. Had wax removed recently and no infection (has had infection before) but now has severe throbbing and pain ALL the time. She is on pregabalin 50mg BD and amitryptalin (?spelling) 2x10mg nocte, any way for about 3 years and takes nurofen/ibubrofen when needed and paracetamol, but with little effect. She is a bit of a negative person, and has peripheral neuralgia thrown in! but this pain and throbbing is very real to her. PLEASE what would you suggest homeopathically? Belladonna/Chammomilla or WHAT? please

11. My left ear itching.specialy at night from last one year there is no pain or other problems.please let me know which Homeopethy medicine is good for this.thank you and god bless you

12. Kittu bhattacharya says:

I have earache in left ear for 3 days due to throat infection,please tell me the medicine

13. Sir i had right ear surgery due to damage of eardrum.After 4 months of surgery started heavy ear pain and head pain surrounding to right ear and some type of ringing in surgery ear.When it is started I have no sleep so please say any solution to this problem sir,thank you

14. Ashok Kumar Pandita says:

Sir , I am feeling mild swelling like sensation in my both ears since 1-2 months associated with some irritation in my throat felt generally in bad cold. Doctors said it is due to conditions of sinus or bad cold and gave antibacterial Medicine bunt the sensation is still on I feel slightly temporarily relief with steaming and gargles. Will you kindly suggest the homeopathic treatment

15. Hai sir I am Ganesh. My mother is suffering from right earache surrounded to head. No pus is observed. Pls reply sir.
    Thanks Ganesh.

16. Nivedita Chak says:

Severe ear pain while landing of aircraft

17. rekha pandey says:

Sir I feel pain in my right ear.deutsch to infection .

18. Farida Anjum says:

Hello Dr. Shark,
    My almost 4 year old boy suddenly is complaining about ear ache now at 3 am. He first did his head is paining and wanted me to press it. I did. Then he came to er telling its d ear that is hurting. I can’t see any discharge or redness of d right ear. He feels better when I m pressing it. I gave him bell but then gave chamomilla as he ws becoming irritable and restless. What could b d reason? He has complained about it d first time

19. SUMEET GHOSHAL says:

RESPECTED SIR.
    FOR THE LAST 15 DAYS I AM SUFFERING FROM EAR PAIN AND I AM NOT ABLE TO HEAR FROM MY EAR AS IT IS BLOCKED. KINDLY SUGGEST HOMEOPATHY EAR DROP & MEDICINE FOR WHICH I SHALL REMAIN EVER GREAT FULL TO YOU.

WITH REGARD
    SUMEET GHOSHAL
    DEHRADUN

20. Rashmi Chhabra says:

My ear membrane has a hole in it caused by a water balloon…. I don’t want a surgery….. But ear pains so much….. What should I do?