How To Get Rid of Sinus Infection with Homeopathic Medicines

homeopathic remedies for sinus Waking up with a headache, and on top of it a blocked nose is a rough start to the day. If this becomes a routine occurrence and even the face hurts with general heaviness in the head, it’s a medical condition called Sinusitis. Sinuses are air-filled cavities within the skull bone. These hollow spaces in the skull are situated in cheek bones, forehead, behind the bridge of the nose and between the eyes. Another set is situated in the upper region of the nose and behind the eyes. All the sinuses have the same lining that is present in the nose. This lining produces mucus, which is drained out of the sinuses through an opening in the nose. When a person has cold or allergy, swelling in the nose and sinuses can cause the drainage to get blocked. This results in the mucus being trapped in the sinuses, leading to the growth of bacteria and viruses. The inflammation of these sinuses is referred to as Sinusitis. The Homeopathic mode of treatment can completely cure Sinusitis, though it does take time. The Homeopathic remedies for sinus infections, are made of natural substances and have zero side effects, which rebuild the body’s immunity to Sinusitis.

Symptoms of Sinusitis

The symptoms of Sinusitis depend upon the sinus that gets affected. The symptoms include morning headache, blocked sensation in the nose, and heaviness and pain in the facial bones. Inflammation in the sinuses behind the bridge of the nose and in between the eyes can lead to swelling in the eyelids and the tissues around the eyes. Inflammation in the maxillary sinuses can result in pain in the upper jaw and teeth. Symptoms of severe sinus infection may be accompanied by nasal congestion, running nose, fever, tiredness and cough that may aggravate at night. Post-nasal dripping of mucus can cause problems in the throat too.

Homeopathic Remedies for Sinus Infection

Homeopathy can be of great help in the treatment of Sinusitis. The natural mode of treatment aims at rebuilding the body’s immunity to Sinusitis. The Homeopathy for sinusitis can completely cure the chronicity and recurrence of Sinusitis, though it may take some time. Silicea, Belladonna, Kali Bichrome, Merc Sol, Pulsatilla, Silicea, Spigelia and Bryonia Alba are the top remedies.

1. Silicea: For Sinus Infections with Headache

Silicea is one of the best remedies for  sinus infection. The sinus headache mainly on the right side is best treated with Silicea. The patient requiring Silicea feels chilly and is very sensitive to cold air. Covering up warmly provides relief. One prominent indication for using Silicea in sinus cases is nasal stuffiness. The nasal discharges get clogged in hard crusts. On attempting to loosen these crusts, there is bleeding. Silicea is the top remedy for treating symptoms of serious sinus infection, where all sinuses are infected simultaneously,

2. Belladonna: For Sinus Headache with Suppressed Discharge

Natural medicine Belladonna is one of the ideal homeopathic remedies for sinus infections when sinus headache is due to suppressed discharge. Belladonna is very beneficial when a Sinusitis patient complains of a violent headache. The patient may get relief from the headache by binding the head tightly or applying pressure. The face may also appear swollen with a heated sensation. Another symptom of using Belladonna is throat pain and cough when the sinus infection travels down the throat.

3. Kali Bichrome: For Sinusitis with Discharge Dropping Back into Throat

Kali Bichrome is the top natural medicine for Sinusitis where the discharge drops back into the throat despite coming out of the nose. The discharge is very thick and mostly yellow. It can be ropy too and the patient experiences pain and heaviness in the nose. The nose can smell and is blocked with an inability to breathe through it. Kali Bichrome is also the best remedy for headache above the eyes due to a sinus infection. The eyes may also get swollen up.

4. Merc Sol: For Sinusitis with yellow-green nasal Discharge

Merc Sol is of great help in treating Sinusitis when the nasal discharge is yellowish-green with a burning feeling. The nasal membrane gets corroded and ulcerated due to the offensive and thick acrid discharge. The patient has a headache with heat in the head along with nasal discharge. Increased saliva in the mouth is a prominent feature to look for in patients requiring Homeopathic medicine Merc Sol. It is also very beneficial if the mouth lets out an offensive smell.

5. Pulsatilla: For Green Nasal Discharge without any Burning

Pulsatilla is another top natural medicine for Sinusitis. The main symptom for its selection is a green-colored nasal discharge that is bland (without burning) and if the patient gets general relief in the open air. The discharge is horribly offensive and the patient has a headache above the eyes. There’s an absolute absence of thirst in patients.

6. Silicea and Belladonna: For right-side sinus headache

Silicea is a very beneficial natural medicine when the sinus headache is located over the right eye. It brings prompt relief from the headache. The patient requiring Homeopathic medicine Silicea gets relief from headache by wrapping up warmly. Belladonna is the ideal remedy when the pain is of a violently throbbing nature with a hot sensation in head. The patient may get relief from tightly binding the head or by applying pressure. Noise seems to worsen the headache for selecting Belladona.

7. Spigelia and Bryonia Alba: For Left-Side Sinus Headache

Spigelia is the ideal natural medicine for headache when the left-side frontal sinus is infected. Spigelia is of great help whenthe patient has a severe throbbing pain over the left eye. This is most of the times accompanied by discharge dropping back into the throat from the nose. The symptoms to watch out for when selecting Bryonia Alba for left-side sinus headache are a bursting type of pain in forehead over left eye, worsening of headache by motion and relief by taking rest.

8. Spigelia and Belladona: For Sinus Infections with Pain in Face

The pain is felt mainly in cheeks, upper jaws and may get referred to teeth in sinus. This is mainly a feature of Maxillary Sinusitis. Spigelia is the top natural remedy for pain in the face due to sinus infection. It can be given when a severe pain is felt in the cheeks and upper jaw. The face is very tender and the teeth too may ache. Touching the face worsens the pain. Belladona is the best choice when the facial pain is accompanied by heat and redness on the face.

9. Sticta and Ammonium Carb: For Sinus Infections with Nasal Blockage

Sticta is a natural medicine of great help to treat nasal blockage in a person with inflamed sinus. Sticta is the ideal remedy for patients who have no nasal discharge despite making quite an effort. There’s a constant pressure on the nose. Ammonium Carb is the top remedy when the complete blockage of nose makes breathing difficult and the patient has to breathe through the mouth. The worse time for the patient is night.

10. Kali Iod, Merc Sol and Pulsatilla: For Thin and Thick Discharges

Kali Iod is the best natural medicine for treating thin nasal discharge due to sinus inflammation. The discharge is watery in a large quantity and leads to an intense burning sensation. Merc Sol is the top remedy when the nasal discharge is yellowish-greenish in colour and very thick. The discharge is of an acrid nature and produces a burning sensation. The discharge may give out an offensive smell. The prominent symptoms for selecting Pulsatilla are similar to Merc Sol. Pulsatilla also suits patients complaining of offensive, yellowish-greenish nasal discharges. But the one differentiating symptom is that the nasal discharge for selecting Pulsatiila is bland. In other words, it does not cause any burning sensation or irritation, in contrast to Merc Sol.

11. Hydrastis and Kali Bichrome: For Sinus Infections with PND

Hydrastis and Kali Bichrome is considered the master of all natural remedies for sinus infections with posterior nasal dripping . These medicines can be used in all cases where tough and thick discharges drop back into the throat. The discharge may be yellow in colour and rope-like. Along with post-nasal drip, the patient may also complain of fullness and pressure in the root of nose.

12. Natrum Mur And Sabadilla: For Sinus Infections with Sneezing

Natrum mur and Sabadilla assumes the top rank among natural remedies for sinus Infections when sneezing accompanies sinus inflammation. Along with sneezing, a fluent discharge of nose with headache is indicative of the both the homeopathic remedies for sinus infections.

13. For Sinus Infections complicated with Polyps

Nasal polyps are growths in the nasal cavity arising from its mucous membrane. The nasal polyp in a nasal cavity blocks the normal drainage of discharge. The collected discharge thus acts as a pool for infectious agents, leading to inflammation of sinuses. The top natural remedies to treat nasal polyps are Teucrium, Sanguinaria Can, Kali Nitricum and Calcarea Carb.

14. For Sinus Infections due to Fungal Growth

Fungal growth in the form of a round ball that gets filled in the nasal sinus is termed Fungal Sinusitis. The symptoms are mainly yellow-coloured, tough, thick discharge mostly of rubbery kind with pressure in the nose. The natural Homeopathic remedies for sinus infections complicated with fungal growth are Kali Bichrome, Lycopodium, Sticta, Silicea and Thuja.

Comments

1. Dr. G P DIVYATEJA says:

I am 54 yrs old male , Doctor by profession,allopathy and I suffering blocked nose and cold on right side only for last 15 days . Left side nostril no having any problems like blocked nose and cold . Discharge from right nostril watery and thick white color mucous discharge with blocked right nostril .
    no fever, no cough and no allergy’s and polyps. Heavy feeling at maxillary sinus at right side.I think it is acute right sided maxillary sinusitis. I have used antibiotics and nasal spray for nasal congestion ,it is only temporary relief.So pl. Suggest good
    Homeoremedy for me. Thankyou

• Hemanta Kumar Pattanayak says:

Hello Doctor

I’m having a clogged left ear since @ 15 days . After talking Sinarest twice daily for last 5 days along with Sinarest Nasal spray, I’m some what better but now I’m experiencing slight blockage in my left nose & suspecting Sinus .

Can you please advise .

2. Anuradha Bindra says:

Sinus wt headache. Temples throb. And slight fever 99.5. What homeo medicine to take
    Also slight itchy throat

3. Sudhakar Jha says:

Dear Sir
    My son, aged 18, gets cold with running nose many times in a year. After sometime, he gets nasal blockage with white sticky mucus which persists for several weeks. When I consulted a local homeopathic doctor he said it sinusitis with polyp. My son has to appear at exams. Please help and guide.

4. Kaleem Shahzad khan says:

Dear sir
    I having problem for sinus more than twenty years my left side of nose is completely blocked twenty years back I was operated too but no relief bcoz of sinus I feel headache snoring too much kindly help me and suggest some good medicine for me thanx

5. Hello Dr I’m having dull pressure in the forehead and sometimes feeling irritated since 2 months and also dull pain in the top left side of head. It increases if I’m exposed to sun. My eyes also turn red at times my be due to allergies. I have no problem with nasal discharge as it occurs very rarely. Kindly advice.

• Hodaya Minke says:

Hello,
      I suffer from yellow green discharge running down the throat, feeling congested ,and dull, tired and having a headache.
      I was treated for sinusitis with antibiotics a week ago but the symptoms came back 5 days after the treatment.
      Can homeopathy help me?

6. Shakti Shekhawat says:

Dear Dr. Sharma,

I am suffering from chronic sinusitis due to allergy since 3-4 yrs..
    Symptoms/Problems Facing
    1. Nose blockage mostly right side
    2. loss sense of smell and taste
    3. Headache
    4. mostly Breathing issues from right side nose

Kindly help.

7. Mshesh Singh says:

Post nasal dripping (discharge),21year se allergic rhinitis, sinus infections

8. Rajeev Sharma says:

Hello Sir. Can I have ur phone no. So that I can discuss my problem with u.

9. M. B. Bharat Sahay says:

Hello sir,
    Post covid, I had severe rise of Blood glucose level in tune of 570-630 along with pain in left upper gum, left cheek bones rising upward in left forehead. I undergone treatment- 1. Tooth extraction, taking insulin twice daily and had sinuses surgery. Now swelling of left part of the face are almost gone but still feel residual pain in these parts. The ENT surgery was done to remove fungal growth.
    Please advise what medicine I should take get permanent treatment for my sinus problem.

10. Brian Pulham says:

I have been suffering for almost 3 years with sinusitis symptoms #3 and #7.
    Could you kindly recommend the remedies I should be taking?
    Thank you in advance.

• I am using the NeilMed sinus rinse. When I bent over a thin green nasal discharge runs out of my nose, at different times and it also has an odor

11. Anmol Kulshrestha says:

Dear Dr. Sharma,

I am suffering from chronic sinusitis since 8 months.
    Symptoms/Problems Facing
    1. Nose blocakage
    2. Sometimes less sense of smell and taste (very low frequency)
    3. Cough and sneezing
    5. Headache
    6. Breathing issues

I have tried Allopathy and Homeopathy both but couldn’t found solution.

Kinldy help.

• Shakti Shekhawat says:

Dear Dr. Sharma,

I am suffering from chronic sinusitis due to allergy since 3-4 yrs..
      Symptoms/Problems Facing
      1. Nose blockage mostly right side
      2. loss sense of smell and taste
      3. Headache
      4. mostly Breathing issues from right side nose

Kindly help.

12. Mahaveer Parakh says:

I suffer from Sinusitis of type 8 on your list of advised medicines. But doses are not clear. Will you please advise that!

13. Hi… My 9yrs daughter gets headache since 2yrs ,her one side nose will block, she gets very soon cold and cough…if she hears loud sound, lights on by seeing and hearing she gets headache, she always watch mobiles … I think she has sinus

14. Very informative article. See additional input here:

15. Sir, good morning.sir I feel phlegm iny throat and headache specially during morning hours since some weeks.please suggest some treatment

16. Hello Dr. Sharma,

I just had a my 3rd infected huge gum boil on the right side of the roof of my mouth. I already had root canals but it seems that the root canal did not get the infection out from the last tooth of my upper right part of my mouth. The infection seems to be high up on the root that is probably into the sinus area and is giving me head pain. I don’t know what to do and people have told me ithat th infection is so.. far up into the sinuses that they were afraid to remove the last tooth. Please help me. I just took a dose of merc. sol. 30c. I ordered pyrogenenium 30 c but I’m afraid to take it. I don’t really have fever. Which remedy is good for root of tooth on the upper right so high into the sinus area. Please help now if you can. Thank you!!! judy

17. Michael Koval says:

After years of acute frequent sinus infections, which a year ago graduated to constant post nasal drip (clear, thick and slimy) which drained into my bronchial tubes and lungs causing constant coughing and coughing up light yellow mucus; i underwent sinus surgery that was to”fix” the condition. (no polyps) It did not help. The post nasal drip is back, the cough wakes me up 3-4 times a night, and I am coughing up 1/2 to 1 teaspoon full of mucus each time. Not quite as bad during the day but still present. I use the sinus rinse 2-3 times a day. The only nasal spray that has offered any relief of any kind is Ipratropium. The ENT told me to stop the nasal spray and take mucinex to thin the mucus but other than that, the surgery gave the mucus no where to stick in my sinuses so my body makes too much trying to correct it. I was also told to use Nasonex twice a day to get rid of any inflammation. Nothing is working. HELP

18. Satish Chandra pant says:

Dear sir iam suffering from allergic sinusitis especially left side get effected every time badly causes heavy post nasal discharge with transparent very sticky mucus caused left throat infection,nasal.imfection later which leads to migrain pain and inflammation on left side and also effects left lung especially slightly heavy ness in breathing although my left nose get operated 15 yrs back . please let me know which medicine I should use for permanent cure regards Satish pant haldwani

19. Cherry Hanna says:

My sinuses have been infected for a year now green discharge sometimes bloody, headaches, sore face and jaw and heat with red cheeks. What’s the best to take for this how long and measurements please

20. Miljuan Hadjiran says:

my nose got blocked in the morning, sometime feel dry in the nasal then becomes itchy and eventually sneezing and runny nose.
    also very sensitive to dust such as when I clean up table

i would be very grateful if you could prescribe homeopathic medicine for me