AUTISM AND HOMEOPATHY

Legal Disclaimer: Results may vary, and testimonials are not claimed to represent typical results. The testimonials are real, and these patients have been helped with homeopathy from our clinic . However, these results are meant as a showcase of what  best, homeopathy can do with the disease condtions and should not be taken as average or typical results.

Homeopathy is much more of a choice than people often think it to be. One of its philosophy’s greatest breakthroughs is the realization that the body is not an object but a process with no pre-ordained limits.

The scorching, cruel heat of summer was just setting in the first year of the new century when Mr and Mrs Puri (not their real names) approached us with their only child Ravi (not his real name) who was then four. Two years earlier, at the age of two, he was diagnosed as being autistic. We tested him on the ATEC (Autism Testing and Evaluation Checklist) and his rating was in the moderate to high category. His problem was more in speech/communication and sensory/cognitive areas.
Besides the classical symptoms of autism, the symptoms that actually led us to prescribe Carcinocin were the history of an early eruption of teeth and hairiness. A leading characteristic of Carcinocin is the desire for milk. There are many symptoms – a sweaty head, when sleeping, and physical heat in general; difficulty in falling asleep; the desire for things salty and for chocolate-like energetic foods. Than there are internal restlessness and fidgetiness and love for dancing. Strong passion and a very strong family history of cancer in the family are also noticed. The remedy was the boy’s similimum if there ever was one! Fitting him like a glove,  it worked. Ravi has suffered no aggravation in the two years he has been on and off this remedy. The dosage chosen for him was similarly fitting – the LM dose. Positive results were obvious within the first month. Babbling turned into more formative words, hyperactive behaviour became rare and he started obeying simple commands. His self-stimulatory behaviour, too, was nearly gone. Very soon a big achievement came when Ravi started interacting with children and started playing with them. He is now five and is attending a normal school. There are still vestigial signs of his former autism though these are not really apparent to teachers or anyone else besides us (parents and the physicians). For example, his language is occasionally awkward. In moments of stress (e.g. if he is sick), he retreats into himself and utilizes echolalia as a speech strategy. To sum it up, none but the very discerning can make out that Ravi had this serious problem.

I would now like to enlighten the readers about the intricacies and the sensitive approach necessary for the homeopathic intervention. Autism poses a challenge to homeopaths. It needs a hardcore-Hahnemannian approach. Valuable symptoms including reaction to vaccines, family medical history, thermal sensitivities and sleep postures form a part of the very detailed information that a physician would need. For the parents whose kids are undergoing such intervention, the stimulus/reaction model of symptoms and its significance to the homeopath need to be clearly understood. As the autistic child experiences stress, he responds with a reaction. This reaction becomes a symptom or a sign of characteristic importance. The real challenge is to understand what the child is expressing both verbally (if he is articulate) and nonverbally. By fully perceiving the patient, one may learn to understand the individual?s cycle of stress and response. It is only through such a deep understanding that a homeopath is able to prescribe effectively. The improvement following such intervention also needs to be evaluated regularly on the autism-rating scale. The extent to which the help can occur has a great degree of variability associated with it. Two homeopathic remedies require a special mention for their effectiveness in the recovery of autism  Carcinocin and Baryta Carb . Baryta Carb is supposed stimulate the development of brain. This remedy has been found useful in cases of autism where signs of global developmental delay  are present with the classical symptoms of the autism spectrum. Another important aspect of the homeopathy in autism is the usage of LM potencies… Homoeopathy in this scale are faster acting and at the same time gentler. It is able to hold the “slipping back” of the old symptoms and can be used for a longer period with frequent repetitions. Homeopathy is undergoing a very strong resurgence in the modern medical world, and one of the main reasons for it is its recent role in handling such illnesses. Homeopathic philosophy is a constant reminder that the greatest healing power lies within the body itself.

Here is some more info on autism. This article on autism was written by me in Tribune about 2 yrs years back.

Autism is a childhood disorder that begins in early childhood (typically during the first three years of life) which affects the child’s communication skills, social interactions, and causes restricted, repetitive and stereotyped patterns of behavior in varying degrees. Autism (also called as autism spectrum disorder or pervasive developmental disorder) can range from severe to a very milder form. This mild form is called Asperger’s syndrome. The actual cause for autism is not clear. Autism in the first two years of life is slightly difficult to diagnose. Parents are usually the first ones to notice the symptoms, which in the first two years of life are otherwise slightly difficult to find out; usually it is the nonresponsive behavior in the first two years that may make the parents feel concerned. In cases where the child has been growing normally, his sudden withdrawal from social interactions, nonresponsive behavior along with losing that little amount of speech that he had gained initially, may lead the parents to get their toddler screened for this disorder. By the age of three, autism spectrum disorder can be clearly diagnosed. Children with ASD (autism spectrum disorder) may not follow regular developmental pattern like other kids of their age. Verbal and non verbal communication, social interaction and patterns of repetitive behavior (also called as fixations)-like being fixated with carrying some object in the hand all the time e.g. Sticks, pencils, soap suds, etc. Rocking, spinning, excessively arranging things in one line and Behavioral issues like hyperactive behavior and inability to understand emotions are a part of this disorder for some kids. Autism is nowadays called autism spectrum disorder as there is a huge variation of symptoms that the child might suffer from. Key features that should help the parents in identifying this disorder are child’s inability to babble or make meaningful gestures (like social smile, pointing to objects like fan etc,) by 18 months of age. Inability to speak even a single word by the age of two, having a poor or no eye contact, giving the impression as if he is hard of hearing when being called out to. The ‘not in tune’ behavior of the child is the most important differentiating symptom although it is not very easy for a lay person to identify it. Homeopathy’s role in helping  autism in kids is gaining quite a popularity all over the world. Clinical experience shows that results are much better when the intervention is started at an earlier age, even though at higher ages like six or seven some kids do show remarkable improvements; but Homoeopathic intervention at an early age(before much behavioral and emotional issues come up) has distinct advantages. One important aspect that I would clearly like to mention is the fact that results with homeopathy in  autism are selective. This means that where one segment of kids may respond extremely favorable while others may fail to yield any relief. Even while on Homeopathic remedies the child needs to be rated on an autism rating scale. Periodical assessments on the autism rating scale are must to gauge the improvements in the child. Homeopathy is a holistic system of health; it takes into consideration the constitutional picture (complete physical and mental make up of the child) along with the necessary details of the disease while prescribing. Remedy that are very effective in helping autism are Carcinocin, Hyoscyamus, and Baryta Carb. The role of carcinocin in  autism requires a special mention. This also does not mean that every child who has autism should be put on it; even for carcinocin to be prescribed the child has to fall within the constitutional picture

Dr. Vikas Sharma is a Neuro-Developmental Specialist in homeopathy and has done his master in Homeopathy.The subject of his research (during his masters degree) was  ‘The Role of homeopathy in Autism spectrum disorders .

Comments

1. Kavita handa says:

Hlo sir, my son is going to be 3 years and dr.said he is autistic.. Sir in between lockdown hamne dyn nhi diya or vo tv bhut dekhta tha hme pta nhi tha ki aise bhi kch hota hai..lst year hi hme kch ajeeb sa krta lga j pr jis se bhi baat krte the sb kehte the bache aise hi krte hai.sir hme feb mein hi pta chla hai ki isko j problm hai..speech bhi nhi hai sir iski..sir plzz hlp kejiye mere bete ko tk krne mein…
    Feb

2. V.suman reddy says:

Hi dr,
    My son is going to be 18years and is autistic and it’s worst day by day.he does not interact with anyone other than me&my wife.he is having a sleep disorder as well.lately he has a problem wearing clothes through out the day and is with a towel.very often he has been locking the door and gets very violent with us.today he went to hit his mother.he is very stubborn.now all of a sudden he says he dosen’t want to step out of the house.we need a appointment with you as early as possible.
    Regards,
    Suman reddy
    9841009269/8056122138

3. Pramod Korale says:

Hi Dr.
    My son is 7 yrs old and dr.said he is mild autistic.
    he is doing very hiper activities
    no social communication
    Have speach but not functional Only singing rhyms and music, low attention. Focus and concentration..
    only respond to mom ,dad and Everyday people who comes in his contact
    Rare eye contact only when he wants…

please reply

4. Prakash Kumar says:

My son age is 2year 8 month. He had mild to moderate autism. I need your help.
    We lived in jharkhand, India.
    Please help us.

5. Sir my son is gng to be 3 yrs now.he is having autism.nowadays he started to stand on his toes.i m very much worried.he doesn’t take solid food.i m using homeopathy medicine from 2months.how will this medicine help my son and till when it will show its affect.

• Basabdutta jash says:

My daughter is a autistic kid… Age is 2yr7months.suffering from my….. Speaking some words…. Pls help me🙏

• Basabdutta jash says:

My daughter is a autistic kid… Age is 2yr7months.suffering from autism…. Speaking some words…. Pls help me🙏

6. Nahrin jannat says:

Hi Dr Sharma, my name is Nahrin Jannat. I’m a mother of two children who are in their age 3 and 21 months old. My son 21 months old and his name is Jihan.

Jihan was completely good in health since he born. Jihan used to respond by his name, had very strong social communication, knowing different faces, very good at eye contact. He was very happy and healthy baby.

Suddenly on his 16th or 17th months age I was starting notice sm of the behaviour change. He has stopped responding by his name, less eye contact, poor social communication, can’t say any words, no gesture (pointing, bye or others) , don’t follow any instructions and so many more.

We have done his hearing test and result is completely OK.
    We have booked an specialist on 31st August.
    I was going through google and found you.

I really need help. Day by day I’m becoming so hopeless. After read through your article I don’t know why but I was just felt to write this to you.

Please I need help.

Nahrin

7. Trilochan deol says:

Hello Dr my daughter is 30yrs old she is diagnosed with mild autism at the age of 4to 5yrs of her age now she cannot interest in kichen and learn study how can help homeopathy in this case pls suggest thank.you I m from dehli

8. Mera bacha 5.5 years Ka he vo abhi Kuch sabd Bol pa Raha he koi davai he to batavo

9. My grandson 2.5 yrs is diagnosed with mild autism taking therapies and homeopathy treatment. He responded well but I find new behavioural problems occuring. How to stop getting back to old behaviour and not to develop new vehicle issues

10. tessa miles says:

Hi Asking about my daughter Chloe is 18 years old she is showing all the signs and autistic as my other son who is 22 has got autism and so has my other daughter he was 20 I’m sure my daughter has got autism as he clearly she has a very ` she does not like going out and socialising with people et cetera et cetera

11. Hansa Dave says:

Dear Dr Sharma,

Could you kindly recommend a good Homeopathy Doctor in Northern Virginia?

Many thanks,
    Hansa Dave, 703-599-7764

• Dear Dr Sharma
      My son is diagnosed as having Aspergers syndrome 3 years back, now he is 16 years old. He is completely addicted to computer games and hence not going to school. We tried psychotherapy which was effective but he stopped going for it. He also having craving for food ( certain types). Is homeopathy effective for him?
      Yours sincerely
      Sandhya

12. Hansa Dave says:

Dear Dr Sharma,

Could you kindly recommend a good Homeopathy doctor/a in Northern Virginia? Thank you very much.

13. Jasdeep Kaur says:

Hi
    My son is 6 yrs old and autistic.
    No social communication
    Have speach but not functional so facing difficulty in communication
    Has very low attention. Focus and concentration..
    Rarely respond to name
    Rare eye contact only when he wants…
    Poor in understanding concepts

14. Rama chandra says:

Hi Dr.,
    My son has moderate Autism,and his age 2.5y . Can you please suggest how we can approach you for treatment.
    I am staying Hyderabad.

Regards,
    RAMACHANDRA
    9653909887

15. Sanjeev Saini says:

Hello Dr.sharma. my son has mild autism. What remedy do u suggest

16. Hi Doctor,
    My doughter is 4 yrs. old. He diagnosed with ASD . He can’t speak properly,not respond properly and hyperactive. Please give me suggestions.

17. Aashi sharma says:

Homeopathy helps autistic child

18. Summer Whitaker says:

Hello My son is 2.6 years old and has autism mild symptoms.
    How do I book a consultation?

19. Hi Doctor,
    My son is 4 yrs. old. He diagnosed with ASD last year. He can’t speak properly. Sometimes not respond properly and hyperactive. Please give me suggestions.
    Kind regards
    Renu

• Shafiul Murad says:

Hello Doctor,
      Hope you are fine
      I am from Dhaka Bangladesh, My son has some symptoms of Autisam, He is 3 y 3 m now. How I can get your consultation on this & How I can give you the consultation fee from Bangladesh. Thanks / Murad
      cell + 8801715675374

• Sheetal Kanode says:

Hello Doctor,
        My son is 6.8 year old and have autism symptoms. He is facing difficulty while speaking. He is so hyperactive.
        Can you please let me know how homeopathy works on autism.
        Please suggest the treatment.

20. Hello Doctor,

I have a 2 yrs old daughter with few stereotypical signs of Autism.
    She has delayed speech, not following commands properly and attention issues.
    Please let me know how can I get in touch with you for her treatment.
    This is really urgent.