Top 7 Homeopathic Medicines for Shoulder Pain

The human shoulder is made up of a shoulder joint and different muscles, tendons and ligaments. It is one of the largest joints of the body that accommodates a wide range of movements. This complex joint is highly movable but is also one of the most unstable joints in the body. Any pain arising in the shoulder joint or the surrounding muscles, ligaments, and tendons is called shoulder pain. Homeopathic medicines for shoulder pain provide relief by stimulating the body’s natural healing process. homeopathic medicines for shoulder pain

Homeopathic Medicines for Shoulder Pain

Sanguinaria Can, Ferrum Met, Rhus Tox, Phytolacca Decandra, Colchicum Autumnale, Bryonia Alba and Ruta Graveolens are the most commonly indicated medicines for shoulder pain.
These medicines also help manage accompanying symptoms like stiffness, swelling, and tenderness. They further aim at decreasing any inflammation and help heal the muscles, tendons, and ligaments by encouraging natural healing within the body.

Natural medicines for shoulder pain are made from natural substances and do not cause any side effects. They help alleviate pain by restoring the body’s natural healing process. The most commonly used homeopathic medicines for shoulder pain include:

1. Sanguinaria Can – For Shoulder Pain on Right Side

Sanguinaria Can is the medicine indicated for shoulder pain that occurs on the right side. People who need Sanguinaria Can experience difficulty in raising the arm due to excessive shoulder pain. This pain extends to the right upper arm. Stiffness in the neck may also occur along with shoulder pain. The pain tends to get worse during night time or when turning in bed.

2. Ferrum Met – For Shoulder Pain on Left Side

Ferrum Met is a medicine indicated for treating shoulder pain on the left side. This medicine is recommended for people who experience worsening of pain due to motion and are unable to raise their arm.
Ferrum Met is used when the nature of shoulder pain is tearing, drawing or boring in nature. The pain from the shoulder may shoot down the arm. Application of warm compress over the shoulder helps relieve the pain. Other symptoms indicating the need for this medicine include cracking in shoulder joint and aggravation of the pain at night.

3. Rhus Tox – For Shoulder Pain that gets Better with Motion

Rhus Tox is a well-indicated medicine for shoulder pain in cases where motion provides relief from pain, and the pain gets worse with rest. Along with pain, stiffness, and swelling, cracking in the shoulder joint is also present. Relief through massage and warm applications on the shoulder also indicate the need for this medicine. Rhus Tox is also helpful in cases where overstraining, overstressing or injury is the cause of shoulder pain.

4. Phytolacca Decandra – For Shoulder Pain that is Shifting in Nature

Phytolacca Decandra is a medicine used for treating shoulder pain that is shifting in nature. The guiding feature that indicates the use of this medicine is pain that keeps on wandering from one shoulder-joint to the other. The pain may be shooting or electric shock-like in nature. Worsening of pain in damp weather conditions also indicate the need for this medicine.

5. Colchicum Autumnale – For Shoulder Pain from Gout

Colchicum Autumnale is a medicine used for shoulder pain that arises from gout. The shoulder joint feels stiff and hot, coupled with pain which may be stitching in nature. This medicine works well for people who complain of shoulder pain that worsens on touch; where slight touching of the shoulder results in unbearable pain.

6. Bryonia Alba – For Shoulder Pain Worse with Motion

Bryonia Alba is a medicine used for shoulder pain that gets worse with the slightest motion. The pain may also get worse with deep breathing. The shoulder can also appear shiny-red and swollen. The pain from the shoulder extends down the arm.
This medicine works in cases where resting helps ease the pain.

7. Ruta Graveolens – For Shoulder Pain due to Inflamed Tendons

Ruta Graveolens is a medicine indicated for shoulder pain due to inflamed tendons. Shoulder pain that occurs due to overstretching or injury of the shoulder tendons is also treatable with this medicine. It is used in cases where the shoulder is sore, bruised, and hanging the arms down worsens the pain. Ruta Graveolens helps reduce shoulder pain as well as the inflammation of tendons.

Comments

1. Biswajit.S.Baidya says:

For last one year I am suffering from right hand muscle and shoulder pain,which got due to minor injury in staircase.I have taken treatment by many alopathic doctors and most of the doctors suggest for operation.As per MRI report I am suffering from total disruption of supraspinatus on its anterior aspect near insertion site with adjacent tendon edema and subchondral hyperintense signal near attachment site noted.Subacrominal and subdeltoid bursal fluid noted suggestive of bursitis. I have taken Kalmia Latifolia,1M for 2 months but no use. waiting for your valuable suggestion and medicine.
    with regards.
    Biswajit.S.Baidya
    Guwahati.

2. Navneet kumar says:

shoulder joint pain

3. Marcia Rigonati says:

Hello Dr. Sharma

I have tendinitis on my left shoulder, my doctor prescribed a anti inflammatory and a muscle relax, but these medicines has a lot of side effects, and I am very sensitive to pharmacy medications due to my stomach, also I have tinnitus which was cause by a meloxican… I have difficult to sleep over my left shoulder due to pain. I feel that I am losing motion on my left arm. I am 59 years old and very active woman.

Can you prescribe me something more natural?

4. Sudhir kumar verma says:

Both the shoulders having too much of pain

5. O P Sharma says:

Dear Dr Sharma, Here is O P Sharma, a retd Bank officer. I am suffering a left shoulder pain due to broken ligaments ( as advised by my Orthopaedic surgeon ). This pain occured since last 18 months when I played Badminton with my grand daughter and due to jerk on left side my shoulder wounded. Now I feel difficulty in sleeping on left shoulder due to pain. In hands stretching , I also feel little pain. You r requested to please advice Homeo medicine for the Same. Thanks.

6. O P Sharma says:

7. Vilas Murlidhar Kadu says:

I have pain left elbow and left shoulder with ra.kindly guide

8. 3 days ago i found that , i feel uncomfortable when i lift my left arm . i feel pain when i try to lift my left arm on my shoulders. now lifting my left hand overhead becomes little difficult .lifting a small dumbbeel of 2.5 kg felt difficult.

9. sheereen says:

Dear Doctor It is me Sheereen! My stomach is in disorder. If I eat a little I feel I am full. I also feel vomiting and burden on chest. feel sore at rectum I mean urine place. some times irritation on cloca. Headache or migraine remains mostly and if some painful untoward or torturing moments occur then also this headache develops. Mostly under go constipation and leokorrhea and some times white little gel type water comes out with urine. I am also suffering from severe bach ache and lower on left side. I am also facing irregular menstruation with pain in lower abdomen mostly delayed to 2 to 3 months. They donot occur naturally. I am also having thyroid problem which is lessened to 6 point due to taking boiled water with coriander. I am also facing hair on chin and slight moustaches and black spots on cheek. I have dignosed myself as the patient of stomach disorder, and this migraine or backache or irregular menstruation or lekoria etc are due to this stomach disorder or harmone imbalace or liver disorder. Kindly guide me and tell me accurate single remedy covering all my symptoms. I considered Nux Vomica as totally fit medicine for me but the Problem is that it is for males while I am female. And it is for thin people but I am suffering from bad cholestrol, my abdomen is developed and wight put up. kindly guide me and prescribe me accurate single homeo remedy. Thanks and regards.

10. Rajbir singh says:

I have pain in my right shoulder for the last four months…we have shifted our residence this pain could have been by my lifting some heavy items …pain shifts at time but is generally outside upper arm …pain gets worse during night ..and am unable to sleep peacefully. I am 60 year old male height 6 ft weight 80 kg

11. Lalchand says:

aI am suffering from Left shoulder pain and fealing stiffness in shoulder and neck .

12. Subhash sharma says:

Dear Doctor. Please advise medicine for the pain in both the shoulder joints. It started in right joint first and extended to my biceps muscle and forearm muscle and further to my wrist and finger muscle. It has also started in my left shoulder and further down in biceps muscle but not that sever like that of right shoulder. My shoulder bone make cracking sound when move them. One Doctor gave me Ruhstox 200 but very little relief. Please advise Medicine. Thanks and regards. Subhash Sharma. Age 70. My weight is 92 kg.

13. Rizwana iqbal says:

Hello dr im dr rizwana iqbal
    I want to consult you

• Rizwana iqbal says:

Im rizwana I want to consult about cancer
      Since two years im having a left side breast cancer
      6 o’clock hard and 3mm lymph node
      Its first stage . My breast has inverted iv taken calcariea flour
      But no releaf so plz tell me the medicine
      Thanks regarding Rizwana

14. Nalini Kanta Mohapatra says:

Dr. Sharma
    I am 66, diabetic, taking medication for diabetes, high b.p. and cholesterol.
    Pain in right arm since six months, unable to move hand backwards pain during night while sleeping and raising hand upwards.
    Had taken Alpha-MP, no significant relief.
    No thirst and no desire to drink water. No taste in food.
    Kindly suggest a homeopathic remedy with power and frequency of taking the medication.

15. दत्तात्रेय सिताराम जगताप says:

हाय,माझे दोन्ही खांदे सकाळी झोपेतून ऊठल्या नंतर दाहा मिनिटे फार वेदना होतात नंतर झोपेपर्यंत नौरमल राहातात यासाठी औषध सुचवा

16. Priyanka Paul says:

Hi dr i am having left shoulder pain while sleeping..colar bone and hand too

• Rajbir singh says:

17. Hi Dr,

Can you prescribe me for my left shoulder being painful especially while sleeping I feel pain, I also have pain in my left knee and hip.

18. JITENDRA KOTHARI says:

Madam, Good evening!! I have supraspinatus tendonitis is there any homeopathic treatment for the same..or as mentioned above the medicine Ruta Graveolens will work in this case what should be the power and medicine dose

19. Mrs Meera Singh says:

fell on slippery floor due to spillage of water on floor about three four months back hitting right side of body slightly hip then elbow finally Rt shoulder there is slight pain in bigining on every involved parts but after one week except shoulder all are vanised
    Rt shoulder jont still not ok its all arround movement of joint is not carried out at all, extreme pain is there while lifting arm front sideways and above shoulder height. Xray & MRI done no any abnormality found. Alopathic medcines physiotherpy excercises session taken but all in vein. Kindly suggest

20. Ahmed Hasan says:

Hello Dr . Sharma

I have pain in my left shoulder. I did the MRI. As per doctor i have infection in my left shoulder . Just he is treating me through phisio therophy. But I didn’t improve . Kindly suggest me homeopathic medicine for my shoulder.

• Age 65,house wife, no sugar but taking allopathy medicines for BP and cholesterol.Right shoulder has severe pain since 2 months and now swelling on the shoulder joint and neck & also knee pain and varicose on right side The situation aggravates after taking bath .can you suggest some medicines for me