Top 7 Homeopathic Medicines for Shoulder Pain

The human shoulder is made up of a shoulder joint and different muscles, tendons and ligaments. It is one of the largest joints of the body that accommodates a wide range of movements. This complex joint is highly movable but is also one of the most unstable joints in the body. Any pain arising in the shoulder joint or the surrounding muscles, ligaments, and tendons is called shoulder pain. Homeopathic medicines for shoulder pain provide relief by stimulating the body’s natural healing process. homeopathic medicines for shoulder pain

Homeopathic Medicines for Shoulder Pain

Sanguinaria Can, Ferrum Met, Rhus Tox, Phytolacca Decandra, Colchicum Autumnale, Bryonia Alba and Ruta Graveolens are the most commonly indicated medicines for shoulder pain.
These medicines also help manage accompanying symptoms like stiffness, swelling, and tenderness. They further aim at decreasing any inflammation and help heal the muscles, tendons, and ligaments by encouraging natural healing within the body.

Natural medicines for shoulder pain are made from natural substances and do not cause any side effects. They help alleviate pain by restoring the body’s natural healing process. The most commonly used homeopathic medicines for shoulder pain include:

1. Sanguinaria Can – For Shoulder Pain on Right Side

Sanguinaria Can is the medicine indicated for shoulder pain that occurs on the right side. People who need Sanguinaria Can experience difficulty in raising the arm due to excessive shoulder pain. This pain extends to the right upper arm. Stiffness in the neck may also occur along with shoulder pain. The pain tends to get worse during night time or when turning in bed.

2. Ferrum Met – For Shoulder Pain on Left Side

Ferrum Met is a medicine indicated for treating shoulder pain on the left side. This medicine is recommended for people who experience worsening of pain due to motion and are unable to raise their arm.
Ferrum Met is used when the nature of shoulder pain is tearing, drawing or boring in nature. The pain from the shoulder may shoot down the arm. Application of warm compress over the shoulder helps relieve the pain. Other symptoms indicating the need for this medicine include cracking in shoulder joint and aggravation of the pain at night.

3. Rhus Tox – For Shoulder Pain that gets Better with Motion

Rhus Tox is a well-indicated medicine for shoulder pain in cases where motion provides relief from pain, and the pain gets worse with rest. Along with pain, stiffness, and swelling, cracking in the shoulder joint is also present. Relief through massage and warm applications on the shoulder also indicate the need for this medicine. Rhus Tox is also helpful in cases where overstraining, overstressing or injury is the cause of shoulder pain.

4. Phytolacca Decandra – For Shoulder Pain that is Shifting in Nature

Phytolacca Decandra is a medicine used for treating shoulder pain that is shifting in nature. The guiding feature that indicates the use of this medicine is pain that keeps on wandering from one shoulder-joint to the other. The pain may be shooting or electric shock-like in nature. Worsening of pain in damp weather conditions also indicate the need for this medicine.

5. Colchicum Autumnale – For Shoulder Pain from Gout

Colchicum Autumnale is a medicine used for shoulder pain that arises from gout. The shoulder joint feels stiff and hot, coupled with pain which may be stitching in nature. This medicine works well for people who complain of shoulder pain that worsens on touch; where slight touching of the shoulder results in unbearable pain.

6. Bryonia Alba – For Shoulder Pain Worse with Motion

Bryonia Alba is a medicine used for shoulder pain that gets worse with the slightest motion. The pain may also get worse with deep breathing. The shoulder can also appear shiny-red and swollen. The pain from the shoulder extends down the arm.
This medicine works in cases where resting helps ease the pain.

7. Ruta Graveolens – For Shoulder Pain due to Inflamed Tendons

Ruta Graveolens is a medicine indicated for shoulder pain due to inflamed tendons. Shoulder pain that occurs due to overstretching or injury of the shoulder tendons is also treatable with this medicine. It is used in cases where the shoulder is sore, bruised, and hanging the arms down worsens the pain. Ruta Graveolens helps reduce shoulder pain as well as the inflammation of tendons.

Comments

1. P.seshagirirao says:

Ther is left shoulder pain after electc shock .what is the homoeo drugs

2. Gurmeet singh sarao says:

Dr.sharma ji namashkar
    I am gurmeet singh 56 years old and i am suffering pain in my right shoulder and pain moves from neck to arm and upto my hand dr. pl. suggest me best homeopathic medicine at night time i feel more pain but day time is less i am use nonveg but no drinks thank you very much

3. Partap Sharma says:

Dr.Sharma,
    Namaskara.
    I’m 66 yrs.n suffering from acute pain in left shoulder only
    while sleeping at night on left side. I can move shoulder without pain while sitting/standing. Left elbow too disturbs with pain duing sleeping hours. I m vegetarian n do some exercises and walking daily.
    Pl suggest medicine to get rid of this problem.
    Thanx in anticipation for the help.

4. VED PRAKASH Sharma says:

Good afternoon Dr saheb Iam 64year diabetic, Iam having left shoulder pain which goes down to muscle and some time to elbow and wrist. Pain starts in the night while at sleep, gets worse, cannot sleep, hot foment relief pain

5. Sangeeta Agrawal says:

Dear doctor
    Good morning
    I am having unbearable acute pain in my left hand from shoulder to elbow since last three nights. Pain starts in night. In day hours I perform all my domestic duties even cooking also. But in nights it become unbearable.
    My life style is normal and body is also normal. I have no BP and sugar.
    Please help me.
    Sincerely
    Sangeeta Agrawal

6. Vimala Subbiah says:

Good morning Doctor
    I’m having shoulder pain as well low back pain for the past couple of months which makes me very much uncomfortable to do my day to day work. Please suggest how can I solve this problem. I am 72 years.. Thank you.

7. Pragati Sharma says:

Respected sir
    My age is 42 and I need to travel 2 times a month for about 8-9 hrs which has resulted in continuous lower back and shoulder pain .can you please suggest some medicine.im not even able to sleep and move normally due to this and yes I’m fat

8. Patrica Batten says:

i am getting a boring pain in the back just below left shoulder. it spreads up into shoulder, into left side of neck, and down left arm to just above elbow. it is better for heat, better for rest , as long as i rest on back .

9. N. Krishnan Iyer says:

I am having mild bearable pain in my left shoulder for last 5 months. The pain is in the arm too muscle region. The pain is like as you have taken a penicillin injection. As per your advice above Can i mix the medicines Ferrum Met and Colchicum Autumnale medicine for this ailment? What is the dosage for Ferrum Met? And if mixed medicine is given what is the dosage?

10. Hi my Symptom similars to medicine 1,3 and 7 for right shoulder inflammation pain . Can I take all three at the same time

11. After receiving a pneumonia vaccination 4 months ago, my husband is still experiencing shoulder pain in his muscle when lifting it up over his head. He’s had no injury or pain prior to this. What homeopathic remedy would you try first?
    Thank you.

12. Shahbaz ashraf says:

Hi Dr Sharma,
    I have too much rt shoulder pain,any movement make it get more worst,so please advise me any good homeopathic remedies..
    Thank you.

13. Jagmohan Katyal says:

My upper arm pains when I raise it to shoulder level what medicine will suit

14. devarsi majumder says:

i have a right rhomboid strain and not sure if i should take bryonia or ruta gravelons it is a muscle injury. can you help to tell me which medicine i can take i am currently taking arnica 6 thanks

15. I have pain which increases with exertion
    Pain at right arm below shoulder joint and in joint also.
    Pain goes in neck also
    Pain in left arm and shoulder joint at same places is also there but less pain
    I have a history of cervical pain and back Pain also
    I do regular exercise also but pain is off and on
    My age is 57 years

16. Subhash Chandra kaushik says:

Dear Sharma ! I have pain in my right elbow ,some times lifting a jug of water . I also feel pain at right knee . When I take Rhus Tox for 1/2 days , I get relief . But pain shifts to left shoulder on top point .
    ,some times it’s very painful .kindly suggest me ,I’m a visitor from India
    S C Kaushik

17. NARINDER SINGH says:

Dear Doctor, I am having pain in my right shoulder for past more than a year, which happened probably due to sudden jerk endured while hurling stone. Of late since past three months the pain has increased beyond tolerant limit at times. If you can suggest some medical treatment

18. ANMOL KUMAR says:

I am a senior citizen of 64 years. I have developed shoulder pain in my left shoulder for last few months. While I can move my arm 360 degree, there are certain painful positions. Even when in rest I feel pain. I am using heating pad for more than a month on my shoulder. While it comforts while using the pad, post heating there is no effect.
    Kindly advice.

19. Subburaj says:

Dr.Sharma
    I am 60 years old. I have left shoulder pain for the last 6 months. Pain slowly increased to left arm muscle. From rest if i stretch my hand at times I get shooting pain. After doing some hand movement like stretching and rotation gets some relief.
    Wearing of shirts and removing shirts, stretching of left hand gives severe muscle pain.
    Consulted ortho X ray taken its normal no injury.
    Doctor said its diabetic Gave paracetamal and gel while taking tab and applying gel I get temporary relief

I am taking diabetic medicine for one year Melmet 500 mg
    Blood test report dated 02/06/20
    Fasting. 107
    PP. 166
    HbA1C. 6.5

Kindly advise doctor

20. Tanveer says:

I have shoulders blade pain in both of them,and also have shin pain from knee to heel.my age is 58 and no BP and no diabetes.