Homeopathic Remedies for AVN – Avascular Necrosis Treatment

Homeopathic Remedies for AVN - Avascular Necrosis Treatment

Unbearable pain in the bones is what Avascular Necrosis (AVN) can lead to. It’s a result of the death of bone cells due to an interruption in blood supply. Since the blood supply to the bone is lacking, the bone breaks and finally collapses.AVN can involve almost any bone of the body, but it mostly affects hip joints, knees and shoulder joints. The main cause of AVN is trauma, and fracture of bones. Excessive consumption of alcohol and steroid medication too can lead to Avascular Necrosis. People with Rheumatoid Arthritis and hypertension are also prone to develop AVN. Exposure to radiations and bisphosphonate therapy used in the treatment of cancer and Osteoporosis are the other risk factors. Homeopathy is of great help in the treatment of Avascular Necrosis. The Homeopathic remedies for Avascular Necrosis are made of natural substances with zero side effects, work on two fronts: they halt the destruction of bones because of interrupted blood supply, and reduce the pain because of bone damage.

Bones prone to AVN and symptoms

Avascular Necrosis can involve almost any bone of the body, but it mostly affects hip joints, knees and shoulder joints. The bones mainly involved are the head of the femur (a bone in the thigh extending between the hip and the knee), humerus (bone in upper arm extending between shoulder and elbow), scaphoid bone (bone in wrist), jaw and ankles. In the beginning, no symptom is noticed by the patient. But gradually, pain in the affected bone is felt when the bone is put under pressure. As the condition reaches the most advanced stages, pain in the affected bone becomes a constant feature.

Natural Homeopathic Remedies for Avascular Necrosis

The Homeopathic treatment for Avascular Necrosis uses the body’s own restorative process to heal, is basically aimed at halting the destruction of bones in patients of Avascular Necrosis because of interrupted blood supply. The second aim of these remedies is to reduce the pain in bones because of bone damage. Both these aims are accomplished by the use of natural medicines, which have zero side effects and are completely safe. The medicines are selected after taking into account the proper case history of the patient. The medicines are prescribed based on the bone involved, the kind of bone pain and other peculiar symptoms in each individual case.

1. Syphilinum: For Night Pains

For its beneficial action on body tissues wherever the destructive process is present, Syphilinum is the top natural medicine. Apart from its universal healing action to stop the destruction of body tissues, Syphilinum is of great help in treating bone necrosis. The most dominant feature for selecting Syphilinum in any given case of AVN is the worsening of bone pains at night. The pains are experienced throughout the night. The patient is not able to sleep on account of the severe pain. The pains may compel the patient to walk about, which seems to bring relief. Such persons remain comparatively well the whole day. Another marked symptom that can help in selecting Syphilinum for AVN cases is a specific pattern regarding the appearance and disappearance of pains. The pattern followed is a gradual increase in bone pains and in the same way, a gradual disappearance of pains. The third symptom that may be present in a few AVN patients needing Syphilinum is worsening of pains because of heat and some relief by applying cold water. Craving for alcoholic stimulants and a history of excessive alcoholism may be present in persons requiring Syphilinum.

2. Silicea: For Necrosis of Bones

Silicea is considered among the best natural medicines for necrosis (premature death of cells) of a variety of bones ranging from long to small bones. The necrosis of jaw, wrist bones, hand bones, feet bones, ankle, knees and in addition long bones —including humerus (bone in the upper arm), femur (bone in the thigh) and tibia (bone in front of leg) — are all the site of action for using Silicea. The general symptom for using Silicea is sensitivity to cold air when bone pains worsen from a slight exposure to cold air. Warmth brings relief. The persons needing Silicea may have an excessive offensive odor on the feet.

3. Fluoric Acid: For AVN of Long Bones

Natural remedy Fluoric Acid works most effectively as a remedy for the necrosis of long bones. The bones include humerus (bone in the upper arm), femur (bone in the thigh) and tibia (bone in front of the leg). Fluoric Acid thus is mainly used to halt the necrosis appearing in long bones. The persons needing Fluoric Acid usually have excess body heat and the external heat worsens the condition. This distinguishes Fluoric Acid from Silicea, which is beneficial if cold air worsens the condition. Apart from long bones, the bones of the ear (which are rarely involved) are also covered under Fluoric Acid, which helps in improving the blood circulation and preventing further necrosis of bones.

4. Aurum Metallicum: For Necrosis in Nasal, Palatine Bones

Aurum Metallicum is a natural remedy that is very beneficial in the treatment for necrosis in nasal and palatine bones. The mastoid bone is also the site that benefits with the use of Aurum Met. The patient complains of pains at night and may suffer from extremely offensive odor from the mouth and nose along with pain. The patient may also feel depressed with a high degree of sadness. In addition, the zest for life is lost. These symptoms, however, may not appear in all the patients needing Aurum Mettalicum.

5. Symphytum: For Bone Damage in Fracture

Natural medicine Symphytum is very beneficial as a remedy for bone-related complaints. Symphytum can be considered in all cases where the bone has suffered damage following fractures. It helps in proper knitting of the bone. This is helped by providing the necessary callous material needed for bone reformation. So, in every case of fracture where Symphytum is used, it acts as a preventive agent against necrosis as the bone is very neatly and efficiently woven by this medicine.

6. Natrum Sulph: For Hip Joint

Natural remedy Natrum Sulph should always be considered in cases of AVN of the hip joint. Natrum Sulph is one of the most beneficial medicines when dealing with hip joint AVN. The patient mainly complains of pain during motion or when stooping.

Other Remedies

1. For Avascular Necrosis of  Femoral Bone

The remedies for treating Avascular Necrosis of the femur are selected after noting down the symptoms in each individual case. Silicea and Strontium Carb are the natural remedies mainly recommended for patients who experience aggravated pain in cold air. Fluoric Acid, on the other hand, suits patients whose condition worsens in the heat. Apart from this general feature, other characteristic symptoms provided by the patients are given the highest importance for choosing the correct natural medicine when dealing with AVN of the femur.

2. For AVN of Tibia Bone

The main symptom for choosing remedy Asafoetida for AVN of the tibia is worsening of pains at night and over-sensitivity in bone pains. Phosphorous is another natural remedy that helps in cases where the tibia bone is experiencing the destruction of cells and is very fragile. The person needing Phosphorus is nervous and sensitive to touch, noise and even sound. Along with sensitivity, he or she may experience a burning sensation in various parts of the body.

3. For AVN of the Jaw

Phosphorus is an effective remedy for treating lower jaw AVN. It is of great help when the lower jaw is affected due to lack of blood supply. However, a special mention must be made that Phosphorus is used in match factories and some persons may have acquired the disease due to working in match factories and inhaling Phosphorus fumes for a long duration. Natural medicine Merc Cor is also effective as a treatment for necrosis of upper jaw.

But it is Hekla Lava which is the top natural remedy for Avascular Necrosis of the jaw when the jaw destruction is accompanied by marked facial nerve pains.

Comments

1. I have second stage AVN in left Hip Joint.
    Pain in Walking.
    AVN is due to steroids.

Suggest medicines.

2. Shashikant says:

Hi , how you handle it for 20 yrs . Please tell us so that we can also avoid THR.

3. Munesh kumar says:

Dr. I am suffering from avascular necrosis of hip. Get core decompression. But symptoms persist. Could u suggest some medicine to cure this.

4. Phillip Murray says:

Hello Dr. Sharma,

My name is Phillip Murray. I was diagnosed with AVN in 2001.. I was told I would need a hip replacement within 5 years. Well, it’s been 20 years of resisting the hip replacement. However, I am now experiencing increasing pain and less mobility of right hip. I am hoping you can help me. I look forward to hearing from you. Happy New Year.

5. Vijayanand R says:

Hi,
    I am 39 year old male diagonised lupus from 2015 and taking steroids for my diseases, due to my steroids from 2018 i am diagnosed with AVN on both hips now at stage 4 and having heavy pain and joint stiffness and my movement is restricted and most time at bedrest only. My lupus is under control i am takimg medication for that. But for AVN i am not taking any treatment, sometimes taking pain medications.ortho suggest me for THR.but i am not readyy for THR now.
    I am looking for non surgical treatment in homeopathy. Kindly share me details for the treatment and if u need more information i will share that.

• Jyoti nimbalkar says:

I am 39 year old female diagonised lupus from 2015 and taking steroids for my diseases, due to my steroids from 2018 i am diagnosed with AVN on both hips now at stage 4 and having heavy pain and joint stiffness and my movement is restricted and most time at bedrest only. My lupus is under control i am takimg medication for that. But for AVN i am not taking any treatment, sometimes taking pain medications.ortho suggest me for THR.but i am not readyy for THR now.

6. Saswati Sangita says:

Miss Saswati F-28 suffering steroied induced AVN femour stage IV both leg since 2005.Now she is able to walk for 500 mtr and after that geting pain. Other routine work she is ferforming except sit down on the floor with “chakashan”.She is unable to open legs side by side more than one feet. previously i have submitted my details but no advice obtained.
    Regards ,Saswati.

• Munesh kumar says:

7. Onwunyili Chidiebere Uchenna says:

Good day doctor Sharma. My name is Chidiebere Onwunyili from Nigeria. My younger was diagnosed with avascular necrosis 3 years ago and the doctors here in Nigeria said he needs athroplasty of the hip but he’s too young to undergo such surgery . Is there any other treatment for the ailment? He’s 28 years old.

8. Saswati Sangita says:

Good morning Sir. I m Saswati F-28 suffering from AVN Femor stage iii since 2005. I was a patient of non-hoskins limphoma and was under treatment at TATA memorial Hospital.Now i have no complain of NHL and off treatment since 2004.AS stated Dr. of TATA that AVN ferrom happened on both hip due to steroid induced.
    Medicine taken-2005 to 2006 -Nice 50 mg two tab BD
    06.01.2007 to 14 month Ayurvedic medicine from Ramdev Baba Dr. which enable me to walk and porform me my routine work.Since then I unable to open my leg side by side and unable to sit in CHAKASAN/PADMASANA.
    In between i had also taken ayurvedic medicine for flexibility of both leg but no fruitful result obtained. Tanking You
    Yoursfaithfully
    Saswati Sangita
    sambalpur ODISHA.768020.

9. Victoria Lukye says:

My dog has Osteonecrosis of the upper left large molar area/ back tooth. He has lost a molar with bone attachment. Now left with a large hole in the area. The tooth next to it (forward) is affected as well. He has been under veterinary care since presenting with foul breath issues June 2020. I had visited the Vet 3x before they diagnosed him with Stomatitis & Muscular Myositis. I’m not happy with lack of xrays for the mouth to rule out infection of oral cavity. No antibiotics were ever given until he lost a tooth with narcotic bone attached. Sad Veterinarians. He was seen by 3 different Vets in the same clinic for the same issue. Not one chose a different route. Only Gabapentin & Prednisone.

10. Kathleen English says:

Dr. Sharma,

I have avascular necrosis of the hip. Have had it for over a year. I am in pain every day and in more pain at night, causing me not to sleep. Is there any natural remedy for this condition. I am very desperate.

Thank you in advance for your help.

11. Kishor Singh says:

Sir i am suffering with avn of hip s8nce last 2 years.
    Recently i am on homeopathic medication but n9t satisfied.need u r help

12. Mohan Begur says:

Dr, I am a aged 57 yrs CNS Lymphoma survivor and wheelchair bound. I was wrongly diagnosed as Multiple Scelerosis and was given high dose of steroids for which the left shoulder AVN occurred.
    Now I am unable to lift my left shoulder with severe pain always for which the orthopedic doctor suggests Left shoulder replacement surgery. Since I am wheelchair bound I am little nervous. Please suggest if there are any homeopathic medicine for AVN of left shoulder. I appreciate your help. Thank you.

Mohan Begur
    mohanbegur@yahoo.com

13. Kishor Singh says:

Sir i am suffering with avascular necrosis of hip of 2 nd stage.my age is 44.
    I want to sonsult u.
    Pl guide me the procedure

14. Deepak Chopra says:

Hi Sir
    i am 51 year man name deepak chopra i am surfing with avn in LHS Hip Joint since last 10 Months.
    Sir i need your help & advise.

15. Hemraj Sonawane says:

I am Hemraj Sonawane From kalyan Dist Thane Maharashtra I am having AVN from last 4years it is in 3 stage B/L SO Pls help me it painifull

16. Gufran ali says:

Sir hme avn ka problem hi 2 years se or hlab27 bhi positive hi to plzz kuch best medicine batae iske liye or ye bhi batae ki kb tk hme in medicine se poora aram mil.jaega

17. Satish Hiremath says:

I have 4 years suffering avn both hip right hip surgery not success
    Lh side hip more than … Allopathy… Ayurvedic… All givan now Homiyopati medicine it’s not cure
    I have suggest all avn penitent this avn problem treatment is t no .. Only.. Fack doctor is advice I well cure this problem Only one money important the same doctors.. Shameful

18. Ghanshyam Prasad Rai says:

Hello Sir ,
    My age is 69yr. I am suffering from hips AVN Stage 3 since3 year. I can’t sleep on right side.But now a days I’m start feeling burning sensation in left side hip after 2 -3 hour of sleep. So kindly suggest me suitable homeopathic treatments. Thanks you.
    Yours sincerely
    GhanshyamPrasad Rai

19. Kiran from surat says:

.Hello sir i have AVN in both hip in stage 3 . so please help me to avoid hip replacement. And my age is 4o . and i am suffering from 2years.so pls give me suggestion about this.try Ayurveda treatment but it is failed.try elopathy treatment at mumbai hinduja hospital.use byphosphonate alendronic acid last 1 year.but not success.AVN increase and more colleps.and feel bad and pain.pleas help sir.you are my hope sir.sorry to my poor english.

20. R k Tiwari says:

I am fouth stage AVN problem
    I take Homeopath medicine . I. Arnica200